Facial steaming is one of those trends that’s taken off like wildfire; many popular spas have integrated steaming into their luxurious packages, and almost every chic beauty boutique has an at-home steam facial kit on the shelf. However, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or buy a special steamer to get all the benefits of facial steaming. It’s super easy to create a D.I.Y. herbal facial steam with some simple ingredients, and still reap all the luxurious benefits.
Let’s get started!
Choose your favorite dried flowers and herbs and put them in a large bowl. Bonus points if you pick flowers and herbs from your own garden, and dry them yourself - it’s super easy and definitely worth it. If you’re not sure what to use, I like a mix of chamomile, lavender, rose petals, lemon (fresh or dried) and geranium essential oil. The chamomile, lavender, and rose petals contain natural soothing elements to repair and ease any irritation, while the lemon brightens and geranium adds a lovely scent.
What to do:
1. Pour your unique flower, herb, and oil concoction into a teapot with two cups of boiling water and allow the mix to steep for ten minutes.
2. Use a regular kitchen strainer to filter the herbal mix as you pour the steaming infused water into a large bowl.
3. Hang your face about six inches over the mix and pull a towel over your head to create a tent for the steam.
4. Breathe in the beauty, babe! It’s great for your sinuses, too!
5. After five minutes, rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.This post was originally published on ASTRAL & OPAL